Trauma treatment techniques
Author: Garrick, Jacqueline
Counselling for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) may be useful for many clients, but others may need a therapy which is not centred on talking. This book presents a range of therapies, described by experts, including: art, emotional freedom techniques (EFT), thought field therapy (TFT), virtual reality, humour and residential programs
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, treatment
Psychic trauma, treatment
Post traumatic stress disorder, war-related
Therapy, group, for PTSD
Table of contents
1. Introduction - Innovative Trends in Trauma Treatment Techniques.
2. Addressing Readiness to Change PTSD with a Brief Intervention. A Description of the PTSD Motivation Enhancement Group.
3. The Development of a 90-Day Residential Program for the Treatment of Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
4. How Schools Respond to Traumatic Events. Debriefing Interventions and Beyond.
5. The Forensic Examination of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
6. Thought Field Therapy. Working Through Traumatic Stress Without the Overwhelming Responses.
7. Emotional Freedom Techniques. A Safe Treatment Intervention for Many Trauma Based Issues.
8. Traumatic Incident Reduction. A Person-Centered, Client-Titrated Exposure Technique.
9. The Humor of Trauma Survivors. Its Application in a Therapeutic Milieu.
10. Art Speaks In Healing Survivors of War: The Use of Art Therapy in Treating Trauma Survivors.
11. Virtual Reality Exposure for Veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
12. Technologies to Lessen the Distress of Autism.'
Published: Haworth Press Inc; Binghampton, NY, USA
Shelf Number: Tr22
Acquisiton Number: 2641