What is the Court Companion program?
For many people who have been the victim of a crime, the prospect of going to court can make them feel anxious and confused.
The Court Companion program provides trained volunteers who can support victims and their families through this often daunting process. This service is free and confidential.
Court Companions are trained volunteers who can:
- Provide information about courts and court processes
- Access safe waiting areas
- Sit with a witness before, during and after giving evidence
- Ensure court officials can locate a witness when needed in court
- Sit with family members during court
- Offer a listening ear in the difficult time immediately after attending court
Who do I call for Court Companion support?
To arrange a Court Companion you can either contact:
Victim Support Service